Located om the shores of Aliaga, Turkey, the EU_SRR and Hong Kong Convention compliant (Lloyds Register) Avsar Ship Recycling Facility is a well- established Yard that has been active in the industry for five decades and operates Plot no. 5 (see below map) at Aliaga Ship Recycling Zone for dismantling and recycling activities.
It is part of the Istanbul based Investment Group ISKA (https://www.iskagrup.com) that was founded in 1970 and invests in different sectors like shipbuilding, infrastructure projects, iron & steel, port services and ship recycling.
- 1980 – Establishment of Avsar Ship Recycling
- 2001 – Certified for ISO Standard 9001 (Quality Management System)
- 2015 – Certified for ISO Standard 14001 (Environmental Management System)
- 2015 – Certified for OSHAS Standard 18001 (Health & Safety Management System)
- 2015 – Certified for OSHAS Standard 30000 (Ship Recycling Management System)
- 2016 – Statement of Compliance to Hong Kong Convention from Lloyds Register
- 2016 – Certificate of Compliance to EU_SRR (EEU 1257/2013)
- 2020 – Application approved by EU and the Yard to be featured on the EU List
The Recycling Facility has 85.000 mts/ldt annual recycling capacity and roughly 50 meters breadth restriction. The Yard employs 50 employers permanently although this number can increase in case dismantling operations require more workforce.
- Area of Facility: 20.000 Sq. meters (all covered by 35 cm concrete surface)
- Waste Management handled by the yard’s certified and well trained Waste Department
- Recycling activities are monitored, captured and reported daily to Ship Owners by yard’s QHSE Department
- Records of drills, trainings of the employers and periodic control reports of equipment are always available for inspections by third parties
Over the decades Avsar Ship Recycling Facility has demolished more than 500 ships, comprising a huge variety of different recycling projects from the Cruise industry, Military Equipment and Submarines, Car Carriers, Live Stock Carriers, Research Vessels, Bulk Carriers, Containers and Tankers.
For more information visit: http://www.avsarshiprecycling.com